Serves 4 | Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 50g dried shiitake mushrooms
- 30g soy chunks
- 30g beancurd knots
- 30g dried fungus
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium broccoli, cut into bitesizes
- 1 tsp of mushroom powder
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of shaoxing wine
- a dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms, soy chunks and beancurd knots in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until soft. In the meantime, boil dried fungus until soft. Drain all ingredients, except shiitake mushrooms.
- Saute garlic with oil until fragrant. Add shiitake mushrooms and its soaking water. Add soy chunks. Add mushroom powder, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, shaoxing wine and pepper.
- Once at a boiling point, remove all ingredients. Add cornstarch mixture to thicken sauce. Add more cornstarch mixture if required. You should get a thick silky sauce.
- Arrange all ingredients on a plate. Pour sauce over ingredients. Make sure to coat everything! Serve immediately. Best enjoyed with a bowl of rice.