Serves 4 | Cook Time: 5 hours
- 200g black glutinous rice
- 5 cups of water
- 4 pandan leaves, tied into knots
- 50g of dried longan
- 50g of lump sugar (you can also use palm sugar)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 400ml (1 can) of coconut cream
- Wash the black glutinous rice until water runs clear. Soak rice for 3 to 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Add water, pandan leaves, dried longan, lump sugar and black glutinous rice into a pot on medium heat. Boil for 60 minutes, or until rice splits. Stir occasionally to avoid rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add more water if the rice becomes dry. You should have a sticky, congee-like consistency.
- Once the porridge is done, portion into bowls. Drizzle some coconut milk and salt into each bowl. You can add more coconut cream if you want the porridge creamier. Serve warm or chill in fridge before serving.